Garage Epoxy Flooring in Mesa AZ
The garage is one of the most overlooked areas of the house. Many people see it as just a storage room for their car. We believe your garage should not be overlooked.
The most important part of the garage is the flooring. Since it’s always subjected to heavy movement from your car, it’s prone to cracks and stains coming from your vehicle. If your flooring is not protected, it’s going to be hard to maintain it. So, how can you protect your garage floor? That’s where Garage Epoxy Flooring comes in, offering a resilient and aesthetically pleasing solution to keep your garage floor robust and stain-free.
Revitalize Your Garage with Durability and Style
Looking for a professional team to do your garage epoxy flooring in Mesa AZ? Turn Over Painting offers floor coating services in the Phoenix East Valley area that will definitely liven up your garage. Tell us ideas for your garage and our team will help you give you your desired results. If you need painting related services like interior or exterior painting, send us a message.
What Is The Best Epoxy Garage Floor Coating?
Garage floors are susceptible to damage due to the heavy pressure of the movement of cars. The floor is also prone to staining and weathering. Not all floorings are suitable for garages which is why you need to find a durable, heavy-duty flooring that can withstand damages.
Here are the most recommended floorings for your garage:
- Concrete Sealer. If you already have a concrete flooring for your garage, this easy-to-apply coating should be enough, giving your floor an attractive look while still able to protect it from water, oil, and some mild chemicals. However, it does not hide any blemishes so you need to make sure that your garage floor is free of stains or cracks.
- Concrete Stain. If your garage floor is already in good condition, a concrete stain might be the best option for you. This coating will allow the old appearance of your flooring to show through. It’s also cheap and lasts longer than paint since it penetrates the concrete.
- Rubber Tiles. For people who like DIY, rubber tiles are a great choice for garage floor coating. With interlocking edges, rubber tiles are easy to install as you only need to snap them together which provides stability and strength on your floors.
- Vinyl. For vinyl garage flooring, there are two options: sheet vinyl or peel-and-stick tiles. Sheet vinyl flooring is tough, thick, and textured for traction and resistant to oils and gasoline. To install it, you only need to roll it out on your floor. On the other hand, peel-and-stick vinyl tiles are better for garages that do not face heavy traffic and pressure. Vinyl flooring, in general, is easy to clean.
- Carpet Tiles. A rare choice for garage flooring, there are carpet tiles in the market that are specifically made for garages. These are usually peel-and-stick tiles that allow you to create patterns and designs to your liking. Carpet tiles can be power washed and are resistant to oils and chemicals.
- Epoxy. One of the most popular garage floor coatings. Water-based epoxy is a tough, long-lasting coating that can be used on any type of floor. It is also easy to clean and has many colors to choose from. If you opt for garage epoxy flooring in Mesa AZ, you need to make sure that your garage floor is resistant to moisture.
How Much Does It Cost To Have Your Epoxy Flooring in Mesa, AZ?
The cost of professional installation of epoxy garage floor coating depends on several factors such as the area you live in, materials to be used, how many layers, type of epoxy, and labor.
Usually, epoxy in Mesa, AZ, costs around $2 to $7 per square foot. A standard one-car garage costs around $800 to $1900 while a standard two-car garage costs around $1200 to $4000.
How Many Years Does Garage Epoxy Last?
Depending on the floor traffic, epoxy floor coating can last up to 2 to 3 years. Of course, the epoxy coating will last longer if it is properly maintained by regularly sweeping and using other cleaning materials.
Does Garage Epoxy Flooring Add Value?
If you plan on selling your house in the future, home improvements are good investments to boost its value and your garage is no exception.
By using epoxy floor coating and maintaining it regularly, you can be assured that your garage will be a great selling factor.
Compare Epoxy Garage Floor Coatings
There are three kinds of epoxy for your garage floor coating: water-based, solvent-based, and solid-based.
Water-based epoxy is easy to apply and environmentally-safe as it does not produce any fumes. However, it is the least durable epoxy and needs another coat of epoxy to increase its durability.
Solvent-based epoxy is resistant to oils, has a glassier finish, and more durable than water-based epoxy. However, it produces strong fumes when being applied.
Lastly, solids-based epoxy provides a thicker and stronger coating and is more resistant to chemicals and abrasions. To improve a 100% solids epoxy, you will need to apply another epoxy or polyurethane as top coat.
What Is Better Epoxy Or Polyurethane?
Epoxy is specifically designed for garage floorings as it bonds perfectly with concrete when it is properly prepared.
It is hard, thick, and is resistant to impact.
On the other hand, polyurethane, specifically, aliphatic polyurethane, is a thermosetting polymer that is flexible and resistant to chemicals and solvent.
You can actually use them both for your garage floor to get better quality coating. Since epoxies are hard and durable, they are perfect for primer and base coats and polyurethane can be used as a top coat since it prevents abrasions and resists chemicals.
Polyurethane will also prevent the epoxy from yellowing which happens when it is exposed to the sun.
Garage Floor Coating
Coordinating the colors of your garage flooring is now easy. Whether you want it to match it with the rest of the house or the color of your car, you can choose from a wide variety of epoxy colors to decorate your garage flooring.
Pick from solid colors or with flakes to beautify your garage’s appearance.
Request A Painting Estimate Today
Professional house painting services serving the Phoenix East Valley area including Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Tempe, and Scottsdale.